Thursday, July 29, 2010

Day 147

The end is in sight!

The word "homecoming" is actually being mentioned in emails and recordings from the Family Readiness officer. Such a simple word with such a powerful and emotional meaning.

The months have drug by but at the same time I have stayed so busy it seems they moved by rather quickly. So many things I wanted to have done before he gets home. I know I will never finish all the to-do-list in time. But I'm ok with that. Its only purpose really was to keep me busy and it has definitely done that!

As we prepare for homecoming some common concerns I hear circulating are, "what if he's changed?", "I've changed what if he doesn't like this new me?"

I can see where some may feel insecure. I know in the past few months I've changed. I've learned to step back and take a look at the big picture, something I always thought I was good at doing anyway but turns out that perhaps I wasn't. I've learned not to sweet the small stuff - and for a over-anal Virgo that has been quite difficult.

I'm sure Marine has changed to. I mean I can't even begin to imagine the things he has to do or things he has seen.

But at the end of the day he is still him and I am still me. Everything will be fine. Sure it will take some readjusting on both our parts, but that's normal I suppose.

Now to just keep staying busy so that the days will continue to pass quickly!

No comments: