Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Day 138

I read the news way to much and research way to much on where Marine is at.

At least that journalism degree is coming in handy for something.

During this deployment I have made several wonderful new friends; all girlfriends/fiancées/wives of guys that with Marine. I have also learned that not all girls are nice and instead like to create drama. But that can be true in any situation where there is to much estrogen. lol

Marine's unit's satellite phone is broken but he was able to call a few days ago when he was at another base.

It's always so great to hear his voice. He has lost 20 pounds since he's been gone (and believe me he didn't have 20 pounds to lose). The weight-loss is due to wearing all that gear and walking around in the hot desert patrolling. Needless to say I plan on fatting him up, a mission that will start as soon as he steps foot of that bus.

So many other details I would like to say but they must wait till he returns home (OPSEC rules). So for now I am left alone with my rambling thoughts.

Still just taking it a day at a time. Counting down the days.

Another day down, another day closer.
 

No comments: