Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Day 54

What they say about a watched pot never boiling. Yeah that same theory applies to my Blackberry as well. Stare at it to long and it will never ring.

I just knew last night would be the night you would call. I woke every hour on the hour it seemed. And just in case, in fear I had not heard my phone ring, I would press a button making the screen light up and verify that I had not missed your call. Sad? I know. I have so become that girl. Thanks, I blame you! lol

The alarm goes off this morning and still no call. I sigh but am determined its going to be a good day. The sun is shinning and its another day closer to you coming home.

I sit at work juggling multiple tasks when my phone vibrates. It was you. My heart leaps and a smile made its way across my face before I could even press the answer button and say hello.

Just hearing your voice thrilled me. Some could see deployment as tearing a relationship apart, but I see it as a strengthening time. I know its still early days but just hearing your voice made me fall in love with you all over again it seemed. I can't explain it. The excitement, the relief in knowing your safe, the love in your voice, etc.

Best 8 minutes of the day by far.

See I knew today was going to be a good day.☺

No comments: