Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Day 60

The phone rings and the caller ID tells me it's you.

I answer the phone so happy to hear your voice.

Less than a minute has passed when you quickly say you have to go. Someone else needs to use the phone.

"I'll you back in 15 minutes....." You tell me, "I gotta go. Love you!"

And with that your gone.

My heart is tight in my chest as I wait for the 15 minutes to pass.............. and then 15 more................. but I know you will keep your word and sure enough after an hour has passed the phone rings again it's you. Full of apologies when in reality there is no need to apologize.

~~~~~~~~

It was great to hear from Marine and know that he is doing ok. I try to make him laugh by telling him funny stories from home. I ask the few questions I think I can and he answers telling me he has mailed me more letters and that he has received some of mine.

So good just to her his voice.

No comments: